Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tranquil Cat

Adult male wonders why I haven't written anything recently. Partly, of course, my lack of communication is due to the relative tranquility of my existence. There have been no small cats in the household, and I can easily deal with the neighborhood visitors who come to check the bowl that the lady next door leaves outside. These visiting cats are far too friendly, accepting petting and admiration from almost anyone. They need to learn the value of aloofness.

The only event of note is the fountain that one of the young masters gave to mistress for mother's day. Because the water is constantly moving, it tastes much better than the bowl that is left for me each day. I make sure that none of the neighborhood cats visit the fountain; I want the water to be pristine when I feel the urge to drink. So far, my vigilence has produced the result I desire: no cat fur besides my own appears in the water.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to read you have recovered your voice, Mitzi. Stay hydrated during these warm, summer days.
    --Adult Male

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learned a new word, Mitzi, whilst on business down here in the South: "poltroon." Look it up and see if it doesn't describe you and your attachment to your feed-bowl.

    --Adult male

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitzi--Did you know that Mistress's email account was hacked this morning? Somebody, two-legged or perhaps four-legged, used her Yahoo account to send out hundreds of unwanted spam messages.

    In the interests of ruling out suspects, can you account for your whereabouts between 9:15 a.m. and 9:30 this morning? You do, after all, have access to a computer and a web connection. And you do, after all, seem to carry grudges. Please respond with full particulars.

    --Adult Male

    ReplyDelete

 

Powered by Blogger