Sunday, December 20, 2009

The creature continues to vex

Adult male and mistress have once again purchased a large green tree that smells most enticing. However, they have not yet placed any of the pretty dangly things upon its branches. I am quite excited with anticipation.

And it makes a welcome change from my usual state -- cowering in the corner in my efforts to hide from Bobo. I can no longer refer to her as the small one, as she is nearly as big as I. However, she is still the young one, and her demeanor is proof. She waits for me at the door, and once I have crossed the threshold, she pounces upon my back as I try to rush to the feeding area. She then tweaks my ears with her paws as I eat, hoping to move me from the dish so she can usurp my place.

And she seeks to usurp me from more than the feeding area. She now sports a mane and pantaloons, and I have heard mistress speak admiringly about her appearance. I think she looks quite silly -- and her behavior is even less admirable, as she scratches furniture and refuses to sit on laps or cuddle for more than a minute before she rushes off on her next destructive mission.

We shall see whether she can contain herself when the pretty dangly things are placed on the tree. I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Powered by Blogger